January 2019 Meeting Summary
Council’s meeting on January 16 focused on three main components:
- Sonya Wu-Winter led our discussion about how a proposed Community Engagement Animator (Facilitator) position could further our work in radical or deep change. Her work with us since late August has highlighted that Harcourt’s approach to experiment, debrief and learn can help us to consider new ways of being church in our community.
Before the Congregational Annual Meeting, please read the Core Background Document included in this issue. We will discuss the proposed position and potential impact on budget planning.
- Kent Hoeg led our discussion about the best approach to explain the proposed 2019 budget options. Please join him on February 3 after the 10:30am services to hear more details and ask your questions. One option reflects some paid time for a MANNA Support Worker as well as the proposed Community Engagement Animator.
- The Annual Meeting confirms our personal commitments to a wide variety of committees and teams. At this time of year, some positions see other people become involved. Council brainstormed ideas for a recruitment strategy to fill vacancies. Watch and listen for specific information.
Here are a few positions inviting people to contribute time and talents:
* Council: Vice-Chair or Co-Chair
* Council: Umbrella Councillor for Congregational Life
* Council: Western Ontario Waterways Representative (our new region)
* Pastoral Care Committee Chair
* Positions focused on Justice & Outreach initiatives
* Positions focused on Hospitality and Intentional Welcoming
* Positions focused on Stewardship
Members of Council welcome conversations with you about any of these roles!
Notice of Annual Meeting on February 24 – Please come!
Location: Harcourt Gym
Refreshments: Immediately following the 10:30am services
Meeting: 11:45am to 2:00pm
Child care is planned
Our Harcourt 20/20 journey continues. Guided by the Spirit, our community of faith will continue to challenge ourselves as we shape and strengthen our ministry together.
With faith and hope,
Chair of Council